Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Wifey Wednesdays



I am very new to the blog world, but I had seen a friend post something called "Wifey Wednesday" and I decided to check it out. It really is a good read, and here's today's topic:

So today, whether your marriage is a good one or not, ask yourself: what do we do well together? Ski? Camp? Play games? Plan? Hike? Drive? And whatever it is, make a point of doing it together at least once a week. You just may find that your attitude, and his, takes a dramatic turn!

What about you? What do you do well together? Leave a comment and tell me! And, if you have a blog, do post on this topic. Have you ever focused too much on the negative? Has doing something together changed the dynamic in your relationship?


What do we do well together?

At the very beginning of our relationship (before we even dated), Jordan & I were very good friends for about a year. So before being romantically involved, we were able to be friends first - we knew we actually liked being around one another just as people. Then we liked each other so much we fell in LOVE! Doing things well together is not really an option for us right now since we don't really have any friends here in Ruston. If we don't do stuff well together, we would be some LONELY individuals.

We always say that we "roll good together". By that we mean that we just do life well together. We don't really have the same hobbies, or like the exact same kinds of music, but we enjoy being together. So if we are riding bikes (his idea) or going to a Celine Dion concert (my idea) we have fun because we like to see each other happy and enjoying something the other person likes.

There are certain activities we do better alone too - he likes to do computer "stuff" (I say "stuff" because I really have no idea what all he does) and he enjoys that, so I go do something else while he does that. How boring would it be for me to just sit there and watch him type??? And I like to go shopping and just walk around the mall - he isn't a fan - too hot, too many people, why are you just looking if you aren't buying kind of thing. So, I'll go by myself, or if I'm in BR I go with my Mom! That works for us!

So that's it, we do life well together. Good thing because, Lord willing, we have a long life ahead of us, and I'm glad we'll be doing it together!

Sorry to all of my 2 readers for my lack of posting. I think of blog topics then sit down to type and my brain is BLANK. I have a mentally exhausting job, so the end of the day, my brain is kind of jell-o-ish! Hope you're all still there :).

XOXO-Linny

P.S. I got a blog AWARD! But we'll talk about that later, k?

3 comments:

Melissa said...

You're too cute! I want to do my Wifey Wed post but i didn't get to do it yesterday! AHHH! Maybe i'll do it late!

Jane said...

I love your post. It's so true, too. You and Jordan compliment each other perfectly.

Lindsay Rome said...

Thanks :)