Sunday, November 8, 2009

5 Questions

I'm stealing this blog idea from my friend Melissa. I love question & answer kind of things!

Question #1: What is your dream job?

An Image Consultant/Personal Shopper/Stylist. I pretty much want to be Rachel Zoe. She has my dream job. I started at LSU in Fashion Merchandising with dreams of going to NYC & Paris learning fashion, and moving up in the world. BUT I realized I didn't want to be married to my job, so I opted out and moved on to Elementary Education, because I LOVE children!! Then I realized I wasn't sure if I wanted to do that either, I also realized that I HATED school, like seriously HATED it - so I quit & got married! Now I work in the commercial insurance industry and I really like it. I'm glad to say that I enjoy my job!

Question #2: What song could you play over and over?

Oh wow. This is a tough one. I love music - all kinds. (Worship music is my favorite though) My fave worship song right now is a Hillsong worship song, "I Will Exalt You". We sang this at LTD 09, what a beautiful sound to hear over a thousand women lifting up this song of praise - changed my life. Here are the words:

I will exalt You.
I will exalt You.
I will exalt You.
You are my God.

My hiding place.
My safe refuge.
My shelter, Lord, You are.
My friend and King
Anointed One
Most Holy

Because You're with me.
Because You're with me.
Because You're with me.
I will not fear.

Have a listen...it's angelic.



The girl singing is Brooke Fraser. If you haven't heard of her, please do yourself a favor and look her up. INcredible. She has a song I could listen to over & over called "Albertine". It's about a child she met in Rwanda - change your life kinda good.

Question #3: Do you prefer to talk on the phone ot text (or email)?

I prefer text unless I'm telling a story to someone or their telling me a story. I don't like to have to type something that long. I talk to my Mom on the phone and that's about it. I don't know why, I just don't like to talk on the phone. It is probably because I'm on the phone all day, and after that I've just had enough. If you call I'll answer the phone and talk to you, but I'd prefer a text. :)

Question #4: What is your must have beauty product?

Well, I have 3 actually. They all work together though.



The first is Blonde Bombshell by Brocato. Spray very generously all over. It swells the individual hair strands, and makes your hair feel thick.

Next...



Second, Big Sexy Hair: Root Pump. (I kinda had trouble finding a picture of this one, hence the name) This is an aerosol spray; spray it at your roots wherever you want volume (I spray a few lines on the sides and a few on top). Then I spray it all over. This stuff is like magic - major "OOOMF"! Then I dry my hair, and then....

Then finishing touch...



HAIR SPRAY!! Sebastian Re-Shaper Hair Spray. I LOVE this stuff. It isn't sticky or make your hair feel like straw. The hair feels moveable and it smells really good too!

All 3 of these are "must haves" for me!

Question #5: What is your favorite Michael Jackson song?

Hmmm...well, vocally, my favorite song of MJ's is actually a Jackson 5 song, "Who's Lovin You". When he hits that "...I treated you BAAAAAAAAD" note - OMG, FLAWLESS. And he was what, like 10?

But my favorite Michael Jackson solo song....it's a toss up between "Dirty Diana", "Human Nature" and "Bad". If you watched his memorial service, when John Mayer played "Human Nature" - wow, that was awesome.

OK! There you have it. That was fun :).

XOXO - Linny

6 comments:

Melissa said...

haha! love it! yeah, we're exactly the same on the text/talk thing! & have you seen my pics of best little whorehouse?! i used that "big sexy hair" - man! good stuff!

Lindsay Rome said...

I've seen a few of those pics, BIG HAIR! Haha! And I like big hair! Have you listened to any of Brooke Fraser's music??

Laura said...

Hello! Melissa sent me over to check your blog out. :) I could SO use a personal shopper. I have no sense of style. I try. But I am afraid that any time I try something new that I end up looking silly haha. I try anyways. But help would be amazing. :)

Lindsay Rome said...

Hey Laura! I was just checking out your blog - super cute, and your kids are adorable!! I will be one of your regular readers, I love to read blogs! Trying new trends or just giving your own style a make-over can be intimidating, but it can also be really fun. I am very much a girly girl, and I used to have this pair of pink glitter pants - I mean, go big or go home, right? Haha! I did wear them a few times, and believe it or not, I pulled it off somehow? I loved those pants! I would LOVE to be a personal shopper (I wouldn't make you buy pink glitter pants). I try clothes on and put together new looks for myself for fun, is that wierd? Mixing & matching colors is/can be really interesting. I'm not an expert, but if you ever want to try something new, I'll help you put it together! Yay for a new blog friend, I'm glad you read my blog. I'm defintely a new kid on the block with this whole blogging thing. And Mel is a wonderful friend, one of my all-time favorite people :).

Melissa said...

Lindsay! I gave your blog an award! Go on over to my blog & check it out! :)

Laura said...

hahaha... if I ever move to a new town where I can start over I would so buy some pink glitter pants ha! That would be the best part about moving... I could start out being however I wanted to be because people wouldn't have to adjust to me changing. :)