Sunday, November 1, 2009

Hello World

Oh Lord, here I go...

I'm finally taking the plunge and starting a blog. I love to read other people's blogs and have wanted to start my own, but to be honest I was kind of intimidated. Silly, right? BUT...What if I have nothing interesting to say? I'm not that good with grammer/punctuation/spelling, so what if my blog is full of errors? I don't know how to put pictures or links or any of that cool stuff. What if the first time someone reads this blog that I'm typing RIGHT now is ALREADY bored??? SO MUCH PRESSURE!!!!

I started blogging on MySpace a few years ago, but I cannot even tell you the last time I was on MySpace since I joined "Team Facebook". But I really liked blogging, it was a good outlet for me to express what I'm doing, how I'm feeling about what I'm doing, etc.

I'm a little nervous, but I am vowing to be completely honest, open, and real with this blog, so here I go...

I love weekends - one of my favorite things about the weekend is waking up on Saturday morning, realizing it's Saturday and going back to sleep. AHHHHH, so lovely. This particular weekend I've done a lot of resting, LOTS of resting. I've stayed in my PJ's since Friday night - I even went to pick up Jordan's dry cleaning in my PJ's, HA! (it's a drive-thru) I was even at church this morning in my PJ's - ok, don't freak, I attend church online - I'll tell you about that soon. I intend on maintaining this attire until I am forced to get up & get dressed on Monday morning.

Now let me tell you about last weekend. It was verrrry different. I was in BR last weekend, attending/participating in HPC's Live the Dream Women's Conference. WOW. There are no words. My soul has missed that house. I felt like a dry sponge just diving into a huge pool of water, and becoming saturated in the Word and the worship. I love worship, it is the best way that I connect with God. I love to sing praise at the top of my lungs. I was "that girl" singing loudly, tears streaming down my face, completely connecting to my King. It was beautiful, a sea of women, hands lifted high, singing "I will exault You" - no doubt a moment in my life I'll remember forever. We had some incredible speakers bring incredible truth - truth that I needed to hear. The first night, Charlotte Gambill spoke about "Why are you here....are you ALL here". I couldn't help but think about conference last year, it was great, but I know that I wasn't all there. I simply took it for granted. I was there because I go to HPC & I'm a woman; it was church as "usual" just a little more glammed up with peacock feathers everywhere. But this year was completely different, I had to repent for my complacent attitude, and decide in my heart that regardless of where in am - front row in HPC's sanctuary on a Sunday, or in my PJ's attending via online - I will praise Him, I will dive into the Word, I will be ministered to.

Since we moved to Ruston (11 months ago) we haven't really found a church we connected with. I think God was wanting to show me that regardless of where I am, He is everywhere, it is just up to me to turn my heart towards Him. I'm a quick learner, huh? Only took me ELEVEN MONTHS to figure this out :). Oh well, looking forward....I'm already registered for Live the Dream 2010. Joyce Meyer & J. John will be speaking next year AND we will be in the HPC Arena!!!!!!! You don't want to miss it. If register before Nov. 1, it's only $75, so go register NOW! Register at livethedream.healingplacechurch.org

Here's a pic of me & some great girlfriends at Live the Dream! (I'm the blonde)


Ok, that's all for now. How was that????

XOXO - Linny

5 comments:

Melissa said...

hey girl! sorry, i just now got your msg! & my parents are here for dinner so i can't answer quite yet. THOUGH- this is how i changed the font on my blogs: http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html
This is what i followed. It's tedious but it works! & i'll help you w/ more later!

Melissa said...

hey girl! I'm going to email you some more blog stuff. but just want to say your page looks AWESOME! I love that picture! So pretty! i am sad i missed live the dream! i might have to go next year! were you there on thursday night? was there dancing? my friend Leonard from the theatre was supposed to be dancing there that night. he is AWESOME! Anyway,so happy you're blogging! love ya!

Lindsay Rome said...

Thanks! I've been playing with all the themes and stuff all day..it's fun! I started to go to that kevinandamanda site, but I wasn't sure if I really had to do all that stuff to get a cute font! But if I do, then I'll do it. Yes, Live the Dream was INcredible! There was dancing in the opener and there was only one guy, so it had to be your friend. And he did awesome!!! I went last year too, and it just gets better and better every year. You definitely don't want to miss next year, especially since we will be in the new arena - how amazing will that be! If you haven't, drive by one evening and walk around the property, there are cute benches around the lake, and you can see the new arena, it is incredible! I can't wait to see how God uses that facility to reach people. I'll be checking my email, and hopefully have a super cute blog in no time! Thanks for the help :)

Melissa said...

yeah, you do have to do all that stuff to have a cute font. Isn't that awful!?! it's crazy. you'd think they'd make it easier, but nope! amanda (at kevinandamanda) teaches you how to do it. it is a lot though, email me if you get stuck!
where is the new arena? same place as the church is now? when is 2010 live the dream?

Lindsay Rome said...

Yeah, the arena is right behind where the church is now. LTD 2010 will be Oct. 7-9.