Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Do You DIE?

Oh yes, I am a HUGE Rachel Zoe fan. One of the many things I miss about BR is the Bravo channel. We don't get it here in Ruston, and Bravo was my favorite network! So many great design shows, including The Rachel Zoe Project. Who is RZ? She is a celebrity stylist. Her clientele includes Cameron Diaz, Eva Mendes, Debra Messing, Anne Hathaway (since Devil Wears Prada), etc. RZ is known for coining a few phrases such as "I DIE...I mean, like, seriously, do you DIE?" and "That is BA-nanas!". Love her. I am no Rachel Zoe, but I do LOVE fashion.

I LOVE fall fashion. Especially this year, so many great things going on. Layering, scarves, plaids, sweater dresses, jackets, boots, & all kinds of things are totally in. My fave - BOOTS! Boots with jeans, jeans tucked in boots, boots with leggings...oh I'm so into it. I've been wanting some cowboy-ish boots. I like to try new trends, and wanted to go for the cowgirly trend (minus the table cloth looking top). So, when I saw these on the Coach web site, I HAD to have them. As RZ would say, "I DIE" for these boots. I stalked them for a few months. I'd just go to the web site and stare in awe. A little riding boot meets cowboy boot meets class. Have a look.



Only one problem with this boot - the price tag. $348.00! I do not have an extra $400 lying around, so when I walked into the Coach store and saw that they were majorly on sale, my heart did a little flip flop of JOY! My Mom & I happened to be in the mall Christmas shopping on this day, and when I saw that they were on sale AND my amazing shopping partner (my Mom!) had a 25% off coupon, I knew they had to go home with me! I tried them on, and they fit PERFECTLY. There's something about a well made shoe that just feels so wonderful. And so they went home with us. I won't tell you exactly how much the final total was, but trust me, it was not even close to $348.00. :)

My Mom is usually a stickler for waiting until Christmas Day to give a Christmas gift, but she let me have these early!! Merry Christmas to me in OCTOBER!! WOO HOO! Me & my Mom are great shopping buddies. We found a bunch of really cute tops & leggings that go with my new boots! (They will have to wait till Christmas, except for one top that she let me have now :))

Plaids are big this year, and I wore the boots yesterday with a red plaid shirt dress & black leggings. It was a cute ensemble, if I do say so myself, ha!

What trends are you going for this fall? What do you "DIE" for in fashion? Please share, I love to see what others are into!

XOXO - Linny

2 comments:

Melissa said...

My mom is a great shopping buddy too! I LOVE the boots!!! & you are right- a well made pair of shoes beats a cheap shoe ANY DAY! Though i DO hope they weren't NEAR 348!!! LOL!

Lindsay Rome said...

Oh no, they weren't near $348! Most of my shoes aren't close to expensive, so when I put these on, they fit like a GLOVE. Not like, well, I can live with that or I'll just put a bandaid there so it won't make a blister - ya know what I mean?! Haha!!