Sunday, July 18, 2010

I'm BAAAACK!

Hello to all 2 of you who read my blog!

I have been a BAD blogger, and I have set a goal recently that I'm going to post at least 3 times a week. I know, it's kind of weak, but for this ADD chick to sit down and write for 10-15 minutes consistently almost everyday is a challenge!

SO. Since November, my life has changed in several ways!! My favorite change would have to be that we MOVED!!! Still in Ruston, but in a much newer, cuter, enjoyable house. The other house we were living in was, to put it nicely, HIDEOUS. We were renting said house, thus weren't going to put our money into making it cuter. To say that this house was a "fixer-upper" is a gross understatement. I think I might have one picture of the inside, but it will hurt your eyes too much, so I'm not going to even post it. Just image mauve, floral, ugly pink & baby blue HELL - and that pretty much sums it up. The outside wasn't too bad, but the inside - YIKES! Literally, we kept the lights off the majority of the time bc we didn't want to look at how ugly it was. So when our landlord came to us and said that he wanted to move back into the house, we weren't that disappointed.

Now we live in a cute house, on the right side of town. We go walking in the evenings, talk to our neighbors - it is just great!! I'll post a pic the next time I write, bc the cord to transfer pics is in the car and i'm sitting here enjoying my peanut butter & vanilla wafers. Sorry!

Second big change - we have a puppy...on loan! Our friends Brent & Marina are building a house right now and are living with her parents who don't want a dog. They called Uncle Jordan & Aunt Linny! We'll have Pedro, who is a chiuaua/terrier, for a few months. He's sweet, house trained, and very obedient - which makes him very easy to take care of!

Change #3 is Jordan & I both have advanced in our jobs. Advanced = more responsibility = more dollas!! We have both been very blessed to have great employers. It's not a drag to get up & go to work when you are doing something that you enjoy.

I know that all of the above changes have helped me to enjoy living in Ruston. There is definitely something about having a house that you like and can decorate and feel comfortable in. I like cleaning this house because I like this house and want it to be clean! I wouldn't say that I "whistle while I sweep" but I have a better attitude about living in Ruston in general!

What's next?? Time is FA-LYING by so fast!! I cannot believe that we are half way through July! I know it's going to be Christmastime before I know it! I have LOTS of things to look forward to in the coming months...

August - Don't really have much going on. Work is going to be really busy, and I'm determined to get back to my good gym routine. We are starting to have a healthier lifestyle, and I'm wanting to get in the "swing of things" during the rest of July-August.

September - Me & a friend of mine are going to Dallas for a Girls Weekend and we're going to see John Mayer! I know, i know...he's a tool, blah, blah, blah - but I love his music and I'm really excited to see him live.

October - COLD WEATHER!! This would be one of the things i LOVE about N. LA. And HPC's Live the Dream Women's Conference! I look forward to this weekend ALL year. If you're in the Baton Rouge area, you've GOT to be there. Register at livethedream.healingplacechurch.org!

November - DISNEY WORLD VACATION!!! My whole side of the fam is going to WDW! All 6 of us haven't ever been on vacation together - it will be my parents, us, and my bro & sis-in-law. We are big Disney fans. When I was growing up we went like 5 or 6 times and I loved it! I haven't been since 2003 (i think?) and it's been even longer than that for Jordan. (Cute side note - my brother proposed to my sis-in-law in front of Cinderella's Castle...AWWWWW) We are SO excited!!

December - Always one of my favorite months. I LOVE the holidays and I like to act like the 10 year old version of myself and believe in all the wonder of the special time of year. I love celebrating the birth of Jesus with my family & friends - does it get any better than that???

There you have it! Have a great week!! I'll be back soon!

XOXO - Linny

3 comments:

Melissa said...

awesome!!! sounds like great things have happened & great things are in store!!! YAY! Glad you're back to blogging! :)

Jane said...

I love your blog! You have so many exciting things going on. I'm so happy for you!!

Amanda said...

John mayer is AMAZING in concert...you will love him! Just don't look at the crazy faces that he makes while he performs :) Hope all is well for you! I'm so happy that you guys are enjoying Ruston!